tisdag 11 augusti 2015

random thoughts turned into scribbles #4

Listening to other people complain always makes me see things in perspective. It also makes me realize what a pain I must be in many situations. The plane is about four hours delayed. I have been walking around the airport for almost six hours. Being a time pessimist is a blast.

Being convinced that flight delays is a secret plan to make people spend money at the airport I try to resist and stick to my ten pound voucher. I also convince myself that if I manage to only buy vegan food here right now, I save the world - just a little bit. After a while I get so insanely bored that I buy two books I want to read and a vaguely fancy box of chocolate to give to my family when I get home. 

There is absolutely no air on the plane and the pilot announces that the gate is stuck to the plane. Almost everyone starts to complain, someone starts to laugh. I take a deep breath and think that I'm missing more of the little time I was supposed to get with my sister and nephew. 

Two young women are loudly saying that they'll never choose this airline again. In front of me a woman is in complete panic, scared of flying. The staff takes turns talking to her with kind eyes, telling her she's safe, bring her water and one of them offers to sit with her during the entire flight.

There is a dad sitting with his little girl who must be around two years old. He looks so tired but plays with her so she won't cry. She's completely wild and plays with his hair while he walks back and forth most of the flight. They are so adorable my heart breaks a little bit thinking that they have been at the airport for so many hours. 

Everyone gets free coffee, tea or water. The two loud women are saying that this is 'the worst day ever' and I wonder if they've ever experienced anything resembling real struggle or pain in their lives. 

On the train from Copenhagen a mother curls up with her two little ones to make room for another family's kids. I think that there are kind, wonderful people in this world if you just choose to look for them. Something I am not always great at.

Travel-ready back in my living room in Brighton

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar